Sunday, April 12, 2009

Recap Attack: Morocco


Today I woke up and didn’t feel right. I felt like I was shortchanging people. I can’t look myself in the mirror and try to justify not doing this anymore so here it is. I’m going to give a breakdown of my past few trips. So, lets embark.

 

Yes, I can now say I have been to Africa. But, I still believe I haven’t really gone to Africa. Let me explain.

 

Well, crossing the Mediterranean is quite magical, especially if your ferry almost capsizes. As we crossed the Moroccan border from the Spanish protectorate, we picked up an Moroccan tour guide that claimed to be Michael Douglas. Oh man, Michael Douglas was a character, taking us through the cities and teaching this culture to us.

 

It was so interesting experiencing Arabic culture. I know what all of you are thinking; yes I rode a camel. I ate some interesting foods and had some great tea. The experience was much different than I thought it would be. It was very intriguing getting a peek into an undiscovered world for me. 

No comments: